Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, June 04, 2006

more adventure in sheffield

Recovering from a nap after an exciting afternoon of visiting Forge Dam (a big pond near S's house which leads out to the Peaks) and then Redmires reservoir. Honestly though it doesn't sound exciting but it was fun to be walking in the fresh air admiring the countryside. And it was sunny for a bit, so well worth it. (And the tea the Forge Dam cafe was pretty good too.)

Here's a pic of the reservoir. We walked across the moorland too (in my non-sensible shoes) and saw some lost sheep and lots of moss:



Only three weeks till I have to pack up and leave Sheffield again (oh, I'm feeling sorry for myself...) I've really started to think of it as home recently. Even doing the mundane things here are more exciting than in York. Boo I'm going to miss Sheffield!

-----------------

S just sent me a picture of a very big hole that was near the reservoir. We couldn't even see to the bottom of it:



Scary eh!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how was your burned t?

6:45 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Not burnt, in fact.

Wanyu, it's obviously you.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's always 23C in Sheffield..

8:32 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Wanyu, the party can't be from 16th-20th July because I'll be in France (Brittany) of all places. I'm going back to meet my old boss at that youth hostel................ Haha. No, I'm going to look after the kiddies on the school trip. It also can't be the first week of July (but the weekend would be ok!!) Thanks for this!

Anonymous (Wanyu), yes, Sheffield is GREAT. It's always 23C~ lovely.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the well looks mysterious :-]

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home