Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

look at me!

Just to prove that I DID go to Tenerife and swimming too~ It was good to see the sunshine even if I came back with an evil cold and can't hear or smell anything (poor me).

It was hard to be in a foreign place and not only not be able to speak the language (well, I tell a lie - I can tell the time in Spanish) but also not be 'allowed' to practise it. It's such a shame that the island has been over-run by Brits and Germans who fail to make any attempt to use Spanish, even when it comes to saying 'thank you'. Something in me was stopping me from using English, so I ended up pointing a lot and nodding.

Despite being thoroughly annoyed by the ignorant Brits (except my parents, of course, who are at least trying!) it was a good couple of days. My back hurts from the sunburn and my nose is running non-stop, but I love to do spontaneous things like that. And the apartment is nice (especially the sofa!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Glad you were having fun. I don't believe that's you though. All we know is that the person has a head and an arm, and that's hardly evidence.

4:42 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Yeah I suppose you're right. Don't you think it looks a little bit like me though?

Hope you're doing ok!

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did think it was you...

5:26 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Well, I suppose that the hair's right as well, but that's hardly conclusive. It's all a conspiracy!

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Jenny you like a matchstick man because of the refraction! How cute!

Guillemots's new album is lovely by the way.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"you LOOK like a matchstick man"... should've checked...

3:33 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Great to hear from you Demi! Are you coming to the UK soon?

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup yup! In three weeks' time. YAY!! I shall see you soon!

11:57 AM  
Blogger jennywren said...

hey Demi, maybe you can send me a song so that i can listen... I read your blog too - after so long!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home