Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Squid and the Whale



Sorry WY - for posting the exact same picture... I like this poster though. And the film was very good indeed. Although I can't exactly say it was funny (as the reviews had led me to believe). It was funny in parts, but too sad to laugh at! Every film I seem to have seen recently has been sad - or maybe I'm just too emotional these days! In a way it was too short - I wanted to know what happened after it ended. After Walt walks out on his father in the hospital. Is it possible to like any of these characters? The kids' behaviour I guess is understandable, but the parents... I did feel sorry for Bernard, but he seems pretty stubborn, and Joan's behaviour was unforgiveable, although I think she genuinely loves her kids. And when Bernard begs Joan to take him back, promising he will try harder, you almost wish she will, just for the kids.

Hey You is haunting... but an excellent song. Maybe I will try and get into Pink Floyd now.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

parents are also only human beings... I somehow don't think Joan is that unforgiveable...

1:33 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Look at our blogs. We're serious people! We read books and go to interesting films and stuff. Are any of us published yet?

2:36 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Sorry if I've stolen your blogging ideas... I just wanted it to look prettier!

2:42 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Ok, confused. Who wrote Hey You? Is it Dean Wareham? Because I like his version better (and I want to be able to play this tune!!)

2:56 PM  
Blogger impermissible wanyü said...

i think richr meant that as a compliment (is my blog counted in 'our' blogs??)

also i stole those of others' blog ideas all the time...

oh, and about hey you, i think it might be easy to play but hard to sing...(i just enjoy listening to it i guess)

3:08 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

It could be roger waters who wrote it...
woo, first guitar lesson this weekend!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

I didn't mean either!

I was trying to refer to The Squid And The Whale. You know Bernard's describing the parents of the older one's friends. "They're not serious people, they don't read books ..."

I think it's definitely a Floyd track.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home