Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, November 06, 2005

fireworks at Hebden Bridge


We all know that pictures of fireworks are always disappointing (although A, yours are good!), but still we always have the urge to try just once again for that perfect shot. I'm afraid this one is a bit crappy, but I just wanted something to remember the evening by... Can't believe I went ALL THE WAY TO HEBDEN BRIDGE to walk around in mud and get drenched. However, despite all that, it was a lovely evening~ nice to see friends and eat chips (with scraps) and remember that wonderful week in 1997 spent writing poetry (with a week off college too - woo!) Still bummed we didn't get to meet Ted Hughes though. Nice to see HILLS too (I can't see any from my window... although I know there are loads around here somewhere).

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I thought that Ted Hughes was busy dying in 1997? Bet your poetry week wasn't as much fun as that week I spent doing maths near Oxford in upper sixth!

Looks like the fireworks were cool. Hope you had fun despite the weather, and that you're feeling a bit better now.

Go scraps! (Is it me or are scraps technically bits of deep fried nothing?)

4:46 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

No, he was NOT busy dying in 1997!! He only died a few years ago, right?

God, all this planning is driving me insane... I've spent all day making materials for this week.... And they don't even look that great. Sigh.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

He died in 1998. Honest.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home