Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, October 22, 2005

chicago

I finally got hold of a copy of Illinois by Sufjan Stevens... recommended to me by at least three people. I am now listening to 'Chicago' - think it will become one of my favourites pretty quickly. Actually, I think I listened to this before at WY's house... I remember then liking it then, but never got round to listening to it again till now. (Don't you just love discovering new music?) I also have Takk to listen to (I will be able to judge for myself whether or not it is whale music) and also DCFC's Transatlanticism (thank you Richard). Plus Sptiz, which T gave me, and another CD that WY made. So much new music to listen to...

I spent the day in Manchester being a tourist with Annemarie. Spent at least four hours in the Science and Industry Museum. Very impressive indeed. Even more impressive that it was free (all the museums in Manch are free). Shame about not being able to go to Urbis. Next time then. I was particularly annoyed by the fact that I had to stand all the way to Manch on the train and miss out on seeing the beautiful English countryside on the way... (even more annoyed by the nasty drunk men on the way back.)


2 Comments:

Blogger impermissible wanyü said...

i'm pleased to know you like sufjan stevens too! and yes I played it once in the house when you were here!

I hope you get better soon! No time to be ill!

8:59 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Ah Wanyuuuuu I'm sick!! I can't sleep - it's 3.30am... Hope it's normal flu and not the bird flu;( It's horrible. Groan, groan. (Want to be at home.)

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home