Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

broken flowers

I came away feeling slightly disappointed by this film. I'm not too sure that I like the ending. Bill Murray became more and more annoying as it went on (hasn't he played this type of character just a little too much? I mean, it seems to me that he's just playing the same character as he was in Lost in Translation; that kind of aloof, distanced, detached type. Not saying that he's not good at that, but it's all getting a bit old now). And I must add that I won't be getting the soundtrack for this film either. Reminded me a lot of The Full Monty whining music trying to represent the grimness of Sheffield (which is a HUGE lie, I hasten to add). However, there are good parts, some good dialogue and well. I guess I enjoyed it overall. Perhaps the whole thing was just a bit standoffish - I like to know the answers... Now I'm wondering all the time. Who IS the mother?? Maybe we're just not meant to know.

6 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Maybe we're just not meant to know that he doesn't find out who the mother is before we've seen the film. Meany.

8:55 AM  
Blogger jennywren said...

maybe we do find out and I'm just particularly thick. sorry richard. (and sorry anyone else.)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Sorry if I sounded angry. I really wasn't. I'm sure it's not supposed to be important at all anyway.

(Apparently there isn't a point, right?)

2:31 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

I tried to warn Wanyu not to read this before she goes and sees it tonight... but it was too late. I hope I haven't totally ruined it for everyone.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I saw your post before I watched the film, but thankfully managed to look away just in time.

I liked the film, although I agree that Bill Murray has played a lot of characters like this before. I mentioned that this film reminded me of Lost In Translation to Wanyu, but she disagreed. Nice to know that there is someone else out there in agreement with me.

Personally I liked the ending. The unanswered questions leave you wanting to know more, giving your imagination a nice work-out on the way out of the cinema.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Make your minds up! I want to know whether or not to go.

By the way, Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze. And Bruce Willis is a ghost. Ha! I have my revenge.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home