Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday, October 27, 2005

what can I do (part two)?

I feel very, very silly. I bought Antony and the Johnsons' I Am A Bird Now because I heard 'What can I do?' and thought, wow, this guy has a pretty amazing voice... he sounds just like rufus... I have to buy it!! So, upon studying the CD cover today and thinking, hmm, this guy sounds quite different on the other songs, it turns out that it IS rufus singing!! No wonder I immediately liked it!! And now I'm listening to the rest of the album and am quite unsure about the whole thing. Maybe it'll grow on me... Lou Reed features on one of the songs, and I quite like him. I should give it a few more listens...

Although it's a beautiful day, I have just woken up from a deep, deep sleep (the cough medicine and tablets are pretty powerful). I'm supposed to do work, but I have no energy to do anything (well, I guess I could manage a bit of daytime TV. Yesterday I saw Carboot Treasure Hunt, Scrubs - yay for Zach Braff! - and hmhm, Chucklebrothers... Oooh and Neighbours).

I will take the liberty of changing this entry to a different colour since I'm using the PC at home that allows me to do such simple things like this...

PS Did anyone see the 20th anniversary of Neighbours last Tuesday?? Luckily AM taped it:)

8 Comments:

Blogger Videos by Professor Howdy said...

Seek the LORD
while you can find
Him. Call on Him
now while He is
near. Let the people
turn from their wicked
deeds. Let them banish
from their minds the very
thought of doing wrong!
Let them turn to the LORD
that he may have mercy
on them. Yes, turn to our
God, for he will abundantly
pardon. "My thoughts are
completely different from
yours," says the LORD.
"And my ways are far
beyond anything you
could imagine. For just
as the heavens are higher
than the earth, so are my
ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than
your thoughts. "The rain and
snow come down from the
heavens and stay on the
ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry. It is
the same with my word. I send
it out, and it always produces
fruit. It will accomplish all I
want it to, and it will prosper
everywhere I send it. You will
live in joy and peace. The mountains
and hills will burst into song, and the
trees of the field will clap their hands!
Where once there were thorns, cypress
trees will grow. Where briers grew,
myrtles will sprout up. This miracle will
bring great honor to the LORD's name;
it will be an everlasting sign of his power
and love.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Hey Jenny!

You've got mingy Christian blog spam!

There must be some sort of cure for this. Like we could distract the spammer by mentioning the people on the next blog who we heard taking the Lord's name in vain!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

ps Now you've made me want to go and buy Garden State. And I'm only two episodes into Nathan Barley. Hmmm.

6:03 PM  
Blogger impermissible wanyü said...

richard, hi, i think you should buy that cd, i played it for some friends last weekend and they all liked it a lot.

jenny, i thought you bought a completely wrong cd! hmm, you really should have recognised rufus's voice. oh well, at least you like it a lot! (will check it out too)
Hope you're well. Don't watch too much tv! Tell us about your camping trip.

9:42 AM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Oh, no, no camping for me. (cough, cough....) Groan.... Poor me. Instead a drive to Scarborough for fish and chips and some fresh air.

However, I DO intend on stealing the campervan to go driving around France in the summer. Anyone coming??

9:48 AM  
Blogger impermissible wanyü said...

count me in please, but i might need to bring my work along...

11:13 AM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Richard, I'm not going to delete the mingy Christian blog spam because it is quite funny. The dancing dragon particularly so...

Didn't I give you the Garden State soundtrack?? If you mean the DVD, yes, buy it!! I want to see it again...

4:44 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

I did mean the DVD. I will get it I think, just scared to go to the shops because there's something on me that keeps setting off the alarms! Had beepers going in HMV and in Virgin today.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home