Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

what to do when you can't sleep...

...write a blog entry (obviously). I'm ill (sob). Last time I felt this ill was in India (although at least there was tv in our room then). So far, this night, I have knitted, read, eaten rhubarb yoghurt, had a glass of milk, listened to the whole of the new Sigur Ros album (now listening to DCFC), and dreamt constantly about my assignment (it's driving me crazy - every time I nod off I have a dream about the assignment I've just finished. How sad it that? Why do we have bizarre dreams when we're not well? If I dream about that damn assignment again I will seriously go mad...) Erm, well, nothing much interesting to say. Tomorrow (today) will most definitely be another day cooped up listening to Radio Four...

Maybe I can try and sleep again now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Having to stay in bed makes for good reading time, if you're not too unwell. His Dark Materials got me over the flu last year, for example. I also found that leaving some music on quite low seems to stop the weirdy dreams.

(In my case the dreams weren't about work but all about Lord of the Rings, which I'd just watched. Now that's sad.)

In any case well done for listening to Sigur Ros. Why is your blog called `first day of my life'? If it's not a reference to "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning" by Bright Eyes, then consider that record recommended.

Get well soon!

2:40 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

It IS a reference to Bright Eyes!! I LOVE that song!!! (Perhaps you should have read my first entry...) Might even listen to it now. Not like I have anything else to do... Been so lazy. Tried to make some flashcards for my first Japanese class, but can't even be bothered to do that. The vocab list that I have to work from includes 'knitted top' and 'anorak'. Can you imagine a 15 year-old seriously learning that vocab? Unless they shop at the Edinburgh Wool Shop of course... Maybe I will try and get them done later tonight. It'll give me something to do in between the weirdo dreams.

3:09 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

PS My second favourite Bright Eyes song is Bowl of Oranges.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home