Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday, April 17, 2006

Transamerica

I forgot to add that I saw this film the other day.


I'd heard good stuff about it and was impressed. What impressed me the most was how he (she) was played by a she! I couldn't get my head round it. And I didn't even realise this until I read some reviews after seeing the film. Felicity Huffman was so convincing that I really did think she was a man! (Although at points during the film I did think she (he) could probably pass as a woman!) Anyway, I guess I should be saying more intelligent things about this but I was just dead impressed by all that. A good story though, if maybe a little unbelieveable in parts. Not sure about the whole "road movie" thing, but I suppose it didn't take over too much. Next film to see = The Squid and the Whale.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally missed this film... it ended last thurs...

I love that flaming lips cd cover on display on your blog at the moment!!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the weatherpixie is really cute!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Really want to see The Squid And The Whale but (naturally) it's not on in York for a while. Still, I'm off back to Edinburgh tomorrow so I'm sure I'll get a chance soon.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home