Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, April 16, 2006

does this blog look boring?

I'm beginning to think that this blog looks (and reads!) a bit dull. And for all that I do like the Mogwai picture it freaks me out a bit every time I look at it, so I'm going to do a new entry (and ask R how he gets his blog to look dead cool and trendy).

I went to Chatsworth today! Science K (different from Flatmate K) kindly offered to take me along in the car for a drive to Chatsworth because she wanted to get her mum a pressie from the shop (and in the end got her a pink bucket for doing the gardening - pretty cool, eh!). It was lovely! The sun was shining and we ended up walking to Baslow for a cup of tea. It was so good to be outside - I've really felt like a prisoner this week being trapped in doing assignments (am not even thinking about being in my room tomorrow too planning). It was good to have a good old natter about random things and forget the other annoying stuff.

Ooh, exciting news: I found a guitar teacher! I rang a guy up quite randomly this morning (found a list of guitar teachers in Sheffield on the web) and I'll have my first lesson in a couple of weeks! I can't wait! I just wish I could practise a bit but I don't know how to change the string that's broken and I don't want to mess it up. I also need to buy a case for it so that I don't have to carry it around in a bin liner like I have been doing (so embarrassing!) This is exciting! I just figured that waiting around to have more free time is never gonna work, unless I wait till I'm retired, so may as well get on and do something! Yay!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

exciting news indeed!!

our piano rooms here should open soon, I hope! I've been longing to touch the keys!!!!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Surely someone you know can tell you how to change the string ... or maybe the internet?

I'm impressed that someone would go to Chatsworth to get a present. Glad you had fun.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm too scared to change it on my own... I have to wait till the 29th for my first lesson... I don't think I can wait that long though!!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home