Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My free subscription to Lovefilm.com is going to run out soon, so I'm making the most of it and staying up late to watch movies when I shouldn't be... I have also requested 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'. Anyhow, the film I saw last night was good! I liked this one much better than the first. I love the dialogue and what they say kind of makes sense...

I had a bad day though. One class was such a disaster that I was so annoyed with myself for not preparing properly. I guess I learned a lesson though. The other one was ok, but I just feel the content was so dull. But, how can learning how to compare things in French be exciting? If I had been a pupil in today's class I think I would probably have fallen asleep zzzzzzzz

I'm listening to Gemma Hayes at the moment. My flatmate K tells me she's playing in Sheffield soon. I think it'd be cool to go.

12 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

See I haven't seen the first one, but I really did like the second one. You will just love Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but be warned: it's not a comedy, despite the presence of Jim Carrey. But it is fantastic.

Not preparing properly? Hmmm. Why am I in the department at 11? Hmmm. Because I haven't prepared properly. Hmmm.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that is a comedy

11:40 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Jenny, you have to watch ESOTSM as soon as possible so that you can arbitrate! Comedy or not? Anyhow, just watch it as I'm sure we both agree it's brill.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is a comedy

2:38 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Anonymous. You irritate me. How do I know whether your opinion counts if I do not know who you are?

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry that was me being anonymous and i do still think it is a comedy

sorry to irritate you


jens i want to say something about isobel campbell: how come she's now working with mark lanegan? this mark is amazing!

12:03 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

you think so? i'm not too keen on his voice...

ok, i'll watch the film and tell you both whether it's a comedy or not...

5:55 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

1u,

I think I had you confused with another anonymous who's been annoying me elsewhere (and I think I know who it is). I posted that comment and thought `I bet I've just upset someone'. Of course your opinion counts. At least we have Jenny to settle the score for us. I just love forcing people to take sides. Tee hee.

2:33 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

It arrived in the post today, so will probably watch it later...

I'm listening to Kings of Convenience (went for a spending spree in Fopp). (I like them a lot.) Very folky.

3:21 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

defintitely NOT a comedy!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

But very cool though? Hmm?

Proper folk is Devendra Banhart. You should get `Nino Rojo' or `Rejoicing in the Hands'. He's a total hippie. I'm sure they're dead cheap in Fopp too.

2:14 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Ha everything's cheap in Fopp!!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home