Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Ballad of the Broken Seas

I bought Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan's Ballad Of The Broken Seas. Campbell has the sweetest voice I ever heard, although the whole thing is very un-B&S-like, as I had kind of hoped. After a few listens, I so far like '(Do you wanna) come walk with me' and 'It's hard to kill a bad thing'. This music will keep me going today whilst drowning in lesson planning and fretting about the week ahead ;(

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like the music that i will like

i do like her voice i remember

2:16 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

I tried to post something yesterday but it hasn't shown up. I said how jealous I am that you'll see Belle and Sebastian, and that you should go to see A Cock And Bull Story despite what I said.

I bought this record yesterday too. I haven't decided what I think of it yet.

5:37 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

yeah, it's weird... i had the email confirmation of your message but it doesn't appear anywhere. anyway, i'm still getting used to this record too~~ too much of him singing if you ask me.

5:46 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

I think I also like 'Honey Child What Can I Do?'

What do you reckon, R?

I really like Kathryn Williams, by the way.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Actually I decided that I don't like it at all and took it back! I swapped it for an enormous book about physics.

12:37 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

How can a book about physics possibly be better than that CD?

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lads can never tell good from bad anyway

1:25 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Good for my career. The more theoretical physics I get the better. Sad fact. Plus, it might be interesting on its own.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Will said...

This album is so good. Yes, very un-B&S. I was never very good at physics - I'll stick to the music.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home