Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, February 12, 2006

gnocchi

I made spinach and ricotta gnocchi for my tea. I'm not sure that I got it right though - they were a bit too sloppy and I felt too full of cheese by the time I'd finished. Maybe it should've been a starter and not a maincourse...

Japan Day was fun. The taiko drumming was amazing... I've never seen anything like it before (I should've made more of an effort in Japan to see it). Ayumu Takahashi was interesting to listen to - although I think the 'interview' dragged on a little too long (I saw plenty of Japanese people around me doing what they are best at - falling asleep in public places. Hmmm). He seems like a cool guy, but I'm not sure that he would have become so famous had he been of a different nationality (I mean, stepping outside the circle is a brave and unique thing to do in Japan, although here it wouldn't have been so unusual). Nevertheless his lifestyle is one that I think many people would envy. I wonder what he said though about being free and just doing what you want in life is as easy as he said it is.

The gyudon made by S last night was yummy (I was pleasantly surprised!). The inari too... Let's hope this isn't a one off, I mean this cooking thing! Fingers crossed there'll be more of where that came from. I think I want to try making tempura with my new fryer.

Gotta sleep now (at 7.30) - serious lack of sleep for the past few days!

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Did they float to the surface when they were done? That's all I know about gnocchi. I don't know what any of the japanese things are but I'm glad it was a good day. What's the thing about falling asleep in public?

3:35 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Yes, they did float! They are fun to make, actually.

I don't mean to generalise about Japanese people, but they do tend to fall asleep very easily... especially on trains...

I just went into town and walked past Fopp without going in.

Hey, Richard, where do you recommend in Scotland to visit? Me and my mum are thinking of going somewhere over Easter... we've both been to Ed before.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home