Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday, February 06, 2006

I See You, You See Me

Wanyu's blog entry reminded me of a really great song that I like a lot. It goes like this:

'I never wanted to love you, but that's okay
I always knew that you'd leave me anyway
But darling when I see you, you see me

I asked the boys if they'd let me go out and play
They always said that you'd hurt me anyway
But darling when I see you, I see me

And it's alright
I never thought I'd fall in love again
It's alright
I look to you as my only friend
It's alright
I never thought that I could feel there's something
Rising, rising in my veins
Looks like it's happened again'

(I didn't know they were American. But that's okay.) I absolutely love the female vocal.

Why is there nowhere exciting in England to visit (except London and Edinburgh)! I can only think of the Lake District, Cambridge, Cotswolds, Oxford (?)...

8 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Who are they? The Magic Numbers are British, surely? They were on Jo Whiley this morning doing a cover of Take Me Out which was quite good. It's here I think.

Just gave my first lecture for ages this afternoon. It was in a really steep lecture theatre, so it was like looking at a wall of students.

Grrr Joyce Manifolds grrr.

7:48 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Wanyu reckons they are American, but I don't (want to) believe her ;-) They're dead good! Even Annemarie has their album!! Am listening to that live session now...

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanyu is wrong, The Magic Numbers are British they come from Ealing, London!

As for exciting places in England, Edinburgh is technically Scotland, and how can you have forgotten about York!!! (Bath and Canterbury are nice too).

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

but this one called Romeo surely is from the US therefore so is his sister, then Sean the drummer's (and his sister's) parents are from Ireland, but, never mind, they're signed in the UK so let's call them a British band then.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Don't feel like we're ganging up or anything. Look at the beards though ...

Like I said, I thought Take Me Out was rather cool. I don't have their album but I feel like it might only be a matter of time.

God. I really want to tidy up my office.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Just to let you know ...

the bank of humming machinery in the corner of my office has just developed a new and really annoying high-pitched buzz. Like a bee humming the theme to Cagney and Lacey.

1:59 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Thanks for letting us know.

9:29 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Hey Rich

I'll put the magic numbers on cd for you if you like...

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home