Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

second day, new term

Been back two days now. Two days into the new term. Back in uni of course since the second placement doesn't start until the end of the month~~ Already feeling nervous about that but trying not to think too much right now. Gonna miss T this time round, since I have to work with S now (who scares me slightly since he used to be in the army. Thank god we don't have to team-teach: I think our styles would be somewhat different). It's just going take up so much energy~ I don't know if there's any energy left inside of me :p

I joined Lovefilm.com this week (thanks to Mary's free voucher) and have ordered some Japanese stuff (not that there was a huge choice), including Kikujiro (wonder if it's any good). Also Before Sunrise and Before Sunset (high time I saw those) and Kal Ho Naa Ho (the movie Fre and I saw in Mumbai). Classic Bollywood!!

I found out we have two days off towards the end of January. I fancy taking a trip somewhere (anywhere). Are there any good exhibitions in London? Or perhaps we can come and see you, Rich.

Started to research bullying (will be my research for my time at King Edward VII School) and it's a complex area I'm beginning to realise. Still, there'll be plenty to write about. A teacher is no longer just a teacher, but a counsellor, social worker, friend, judge... Grr. It's not easy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you have rented the right ones; they should be 'before sunrise' and 'before sunset', not 'after'...

Gosh, I love those two films dearly...

11:44 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

oops! i've changed it. silly me!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

I've only seen the second one, but it was dead good. My flatmate loves Kikujiro. Apparently it's very non-Beat Takeshi (if I'm thinking of the right film).

My door is always open. I'll see what other people think about that sort of time (since I've promised to invite A as well).

12:46 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

R, I can only travel on the thursday and friday because i have to be in york on the Saturday for a surprise party. so this time it might have to be a trip down to london or somewhere else and then edinburgh some other time.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home