Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Producers: disappointing

I saw this film last night~~ Not too sure about it though. Very good in parts, but too long... I reckon it would be great to see on the stage. What I was impressed with though was that the whole thing was filmed outside the Shubert Theatre (isn't that where we saw Monty Python's Spamalot?). But why has there been a complete lack of anything good at the cinema recently? I guess Brokeback Mountain is coming soon, as is A Cock and Bull Story ("The best film ever, ever, ever...", according to The Guardian).

Back to Sheffield soon then... Ready for the next phase. (Am I?) As WY said, wouldn't life be great if it just consisted of being on holiday, reading, watching movies, blogging, music and doing only things that are fun...

I added a funny photo of J and I at Wakefield Sculpture Park. It's good to have a computer again, even if it isn't my NYC Soho Apple Store bought one:(

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just got invited to go see 'a cock and bull story' but i have no idea what it's about. is it really that superb, my lady?

cityscreen's projector is someone i know.. next time i see him i'll ask him why they only show long films recently...

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, I read somewhere that the best films are saved for January, after all the big Hollywood Christmas blockbusters as apparently people want something a little more sophisticated once the festive season is over. So hopefully there will be some good stuff on.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

You've got a new Mac already? That was quick!

I think I should be able to burn CDs here, so brace yourself for an influx of music. Just off the cuff, do you have anything by the following? If not then I'll bung some on a Cd for you to hear.

Flaming Lips
Kathryn Williams
Super Furry Animals
Gorky's Zygotic Mynci
Arcade Fire
Yo La Tengo
Devendra Banhart
Papa M
Eels
Interpol
Ed Harcourt
Joanna Newsom

I only have Underachievers... by Camera Obscura.

8:00 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

woo, Richard's back!

I only have Yo La Tengo stuff and also some Eels. So, any of the rest would be great. (Could I please have the Borderline song??)

See you later this week in wonderful Sheffield. You won't be here on saturday will you? We're having a trip to the theatre.

8:10 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

PS I already have Biggest Bluest, so Underachievers would be fab.

9:04 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

PPS do you have The Smiths' 'There's A Light That Never Goes Out'? I need that too, please. Ta.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't understand why people like joanna newsom

i really don't

11:39 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Yeah. Joanna Newsom comes with an enormous health warning. To be specific, most people hate her. Still ...

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel insulted to hear i'm like most people

5:36 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Ah, so sorry that I (unwittingly and without malice) insulted you. Anonymous, I'm sure that you are unique and special in many ways that don't have anything to do with Joanna Newsom and her funny voice.

Anyhow, it's not like I accused you of being a James Blunt fan or of reading Mills & Boon books, is it?

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home