Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Thursday, October 13, 2005

SID2 at Aldercar

Getting up at 6am is going to take some getting used to. Getting up when it's still dark is no fun either. But somehow it feels good to be awake and ready for the day at 7am... even though now my eyes keep trying to shut. But I'm not letting them.

Our second induction day went well. I really like this school. None of that middle-class snobbery. Just ordinary, down-to-earth kids who actually have some respect for their teachers (well, most of them). I followed Sam around for the first two periods. ('A morning in the life of a year 8 pupil'.) I was really impressed by him~~ although in the bottom set for most subjects, he was polite, kind, hard-working... Volunteered to play the part of Mr Ali in English. I asked him if he liked languages, and more specifically, Japanese. He said he liked it, although he had to give it up to spend more time on his English. When I see him around though I will be sure to say a few words in Japanese to him. Funny though how when I was walking around the school that I heard so many 'konnichiwa's. It guess it's rare to walk around a school and hear the kids shouting 'bonjour' to each other. Japanese is just way cooler. I reckon.

Friday tomorrow (thank god). Although I can't get into the Friday mood until late - I have to participate in the teaching of Arabic in the afternoon. (Don't ask.) (Although you can ask me the numbers 1~5 coz I know them.)

"Try and fail, but don't fail to try."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you going to start learning to speak fluent in Arabic now?

9:23 PM  
Blogger impermissible wanyü said...

I know how to count one to five in Arabic too! My Egyptian flatmate taught me!

Jenny yesterday I saw those kids in our neighbourhood counting in French... An old man was teaching them that or something!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can write Arabic numbers!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy, that's funny! :-D

4:55 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

sifr, wahed, ithnani, thelatha, arabaa, khamasa (or something like that).

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home