Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

diary 4 Oct 2005: small world

I found out today that I will be doing my first placement in Nottingham. Quite glad, as it's the shorter of the two placements, and only four days a week. I will be placed there with T (I won't write his name as I'm not quite sure how he would feel about being famous on my blog)... I knew T before I met him (this is kind of complicated). On the first day, the second person I spoke to was T... When he told me his full name, I almost couldn't believe my ears... Turns out that he lived in Tottori, and we had the same Japanese teacher in Japan... I knew all about him, because Okamura-sensei used to talk about him a lot, about how he got married and was living in Sheffield (he left Japan the year I got there). So, I had even seen his wedding photos (through my Japanese teacher). Small world... and now we are doing our teaching practice together. (Okamura would be so proud of us - both of us teaching languages and even Japanese...) Small world indeed. Funny how things turn out.

I had a Japanese lesson today from Saori (perfect - she's doing a module in how to teach a language for her masters, so basically is happy just to teach me without me teaching her any English!). Got two invites out for the weekend (one includes eating lamb - sorry, Wanyu) and maybe dancing... who knows... and hopefully some culture... That's all for today. Need to get away from this desk...

1 Comments:

Blogger jennywren said...

Yes, it is TL!! Will say hello to him from you... Am actually going round for dinner tonight:)

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home