Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

more trip!

I'm back in Sheffield after travelling all over the place the past week or so. After a week in France, I came back to Sheffield for a few days, then went to London (very cool - saw J, saw a show - perhaps I was a little disappointed by that though - ate at Tokyo Diner, visited all the stuffed animals in the Natural History Museum... Hmm). Then York, then Glasgow (cool too - saw a lot of Rennie Macintosh things, the University, the Burrell Collection - actually that was bit boring - shops, cafes, fish & chips with no mushy peas, cute guy who sold me a new guitar string!) I want Macintosh to design my future house interior!!



I've literally just finished writing up my research project (one of the millions of assignments I have to do this holiday). Much quicker than I expected, but no brain power left today to start the next one.

I've been listening to (after meaning to get hold of this album for yonks) The Flaming Lips:



AM was right - they're dead good! Don't they have a new album out or something or single? I like the first one: Fight Test. I like hearing new music that I really like. Always puts me in a good mood~

5 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

There's a new album out now. It's quite cool. Is this really the first Flaming Lips you've heard? You need to hear The Soft Bulletin too.

Glad to hear you've been having fun.

1:55 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Sorry we missed each other in Ed. Typical! Did you have fun visiting family anyway? You and AM should come and visit me in Sheffield soon!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have this album and another EP and also the soft bulletin album richie mentioned. they're all very cool!!! i could listen to them again and again...

still don't know whether to go to stereolab... but kind of decided not to go to death cab for cutie....

2:12 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Listened to the new one a bit more now and I'm revising my opinion upwards. It's really very good. Also just got Semifinalists which on first exposure bodes well too.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

richr, how did you come across semifinalists?
i'll add them as friends anyway since you said they're good

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home