Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Capote and other things

I saw Capote last night.
To be honest I wasn't that thrilled at going to see it, but I hadn't had a trip to the cinema in a few weeks and since this got such a good write-up I didn't think it would hurt. I think I'm getting old though. Each time I go to the cinema, films seem incredibly long (or maybe that's just because I don't like them). Anyhow, it turned out to be excellent. I couldn't watch the scenes with blood (not too many though) or of people dying, but apart from those bits it was pretty gripping and I didn't fall asleep! And like K I was relieved there was a conclusion. Didn't have to sit wondering all night what happened and who did what. (Don't even mention Hidden to me...)

Last week was pretty much a roller-coaster. Started off with a high after getting a glowing teaching observation from my university tutor (this guy is even head of the whole PGCE course... not just MFL!) I mean, he couldn't critcise me at all. Bit weird, but true! Things plummeted on Thursday though and it's complicated so I'm not writing about it here. And Friday seemed to go well, but then Fridays are always good. This one was good because S and I went to MASH. Only people who have heard of MASH will appreciate what I mean... I mean, it's virtually impossible, unheard of even, to walk into there and ask if there is a spare table and for them to say yes. But they said yes this time! We were quite shocked. Guess the snow had put people off making the journey in. It was lovely though. Delicious food~~ although of course the portions were too small. But yummy food indeed and good company:-) Followed by getting to see my coursemates. I feel so guilty though as these days it seems to take so much energy to hold a normal conversation that I'm worried people think I'm rude...

I got to catch up with K no.2 yesterday too, and R (went to her flat for the first time!) and also eat pancakes and yummy Chinese soup (thanks to WY!). I love weekends. Why do they end?

Thoughts are now buzzing around in my head about not being a teacher. It's hard and stressful and I feel such a loser for thinking like this but if it's not making me happy then why should I dedicate my life to it when I'd rather be poor but have free time to learn guitar and languages and have fun? Is that the wrong attitude?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we went to the best indian restaurant last night (saeko and me) and poor thing, that chicken ceylon or something like that was burningly spicy for my dear guest... she had to stop and eat yogurt right after a few bites of the spicy meal, in the meantime I just kept on devouring the feast...

I'm glad you like the soup! I can't wait to cook mine...(although I'm still full because Saeko cooked me a big breakfast!!

I miss you too Jenny...
:[

11:22 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Capote is a fine thing. Glad your week had good bits, really. Up and down is how it is. And of course you got a glowing report.

You're not a loser for thinking about what you really want to do. But you're right in the middle of everything now, so don't write it off yet.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys
did you like 'Caché' at all?

6:52 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

erm, i left a comment on yours about that...

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jens,
I can't tell you whether to take up a teaching job or not, but going to the job interview might be a good experience. I mean, it doesn't hurt going to it, then make the decision later.

I don't think you could be doing something very wrong...

Chin up! xx

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home