Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

purple broccoli

I'd never seen or heard of brocolli being purple before Sunday night. Apparently it's been growing in our garden and I didn't even know about it until it turned up on my plate! It tasted fine though. Still not understanding why it needs to be purple...



I saw 36 Quai des Orfèvres, or 36 as the title is in English. I kind of knew from the start I'd have trouble following and I did. I think I understood most of it though, with a little help from Mr S. I liked the music too, even if it was a little overbearing. Hopefully I get to see Little Fish tomorrow with my swimming friend!

I've also given in and signed up to a phone contract. I get a snazzy new phone for quite a bargain really and so many free minutes that I don't know what I'm going to do with. I'll be sad to see my little old one go, although it'll have a new life in Tenerife, so that's good.

I discovered new music that I like. I heard Don't Bring Me Down at the end of 36... You can listen to some of her music here Sia. I especially like Breathe Me too:

Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
I hurt myself again today
And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

0. glad i'm referred to in your blog
1. you missed a great show...
2. i'm looking forward to meeting your new phone
3. you can always call me
4. why is your old phone going abroad
5. that's a lovely song.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Breathe Me is what they play at the end of the last episode of Six Feet Under. It's very, very sad.

12:52 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

It's going abroad for a new life with a Spanish SIM card (so that my M&D can use it out there when they go).

I'm SO TIRED! Worked on the buffet at the races today (but did get a tip from an elderly man who wanted big portions of everything... just a quid though!)

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home