Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Today

I have been listening to Eva Cassidy's Anthology today... This collection is a companion to the Songbird compliation from 1998. I'm just getting into it (but so far I really like the songs Say Goodbye and It Doesn't Matter Anymore). It always takes a few listens for me to get into an album, but given that this is Eva it shouldn't take me too long. I also read "The Dog In The Manger". I don't think I've read a play since we read Macbeth at school... But, yes, this play is really amazing! Basically it is the story of a love triangle. (Written for "anyone who has ever fallen in love with someone they shouldn't have fallen in love with", according to the blurb.) I liked it a lot, and yes, it did make me laugh out loud, although there are serious messages behind all the jokes... I think I need to re-read it though. I couldn't help feeling sorry for Marcela. And the whole question of whether jealousy is born of love, or vice versa, was pretty interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home