Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Michael Nyman


Michael Nyman
Originally uploaded by jennywren146.
I have recently (re)fallen in love with Michael Nyman's music. I learnt the theme from the film The Piano ('The Heart Asks Pleasure First') many years ago. But when I was in France, dreaming about playing the piano and missing my piano from home (despite its out-of-tune-ness), I became inspired again and on a bit of a whim ordered the music from the film Wonderland. Good choice though! The music is so simple, but soothing... Wouldn't it be wonderful to go and see Michael Nyman play in concert?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of Michael Nyman but the soundtrack for The Piano is absolutely brilliant. I think it's about time I perform my annual viewing of "The Piano".

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly enjoyed playing music from Wonderland. Loads of thanks to Jenny! It also makes me want to watch that film again!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a video(not DVD) of "The Piano"! I like the soundtrack as well.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home