Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Quimper, le 7 juin

Bonjour mes amis! ça va? Vous me manquent:( Haha, the blogger is all in French! Cool! Well, this is just to say that I am surviving... I had a rough first two days, I think, but today I feel better and am maybe even starting to enjoy it. By the way, I have to make this entry short because French keyboards are crazy and I can't type anymore. The z,q,a,w and m are all the the wrong places! I should get a special discount rate in this internet cafe just for that!! For slow typers. Anyway, Quimper is really, really beautiful! Full of English tourists too though... I will upload all my pics to the blog when I get back. The hostel is a dump though, and there's only me and the boss to run to place!! Maybe if I'd known that I might not have come here! He's even going to leave me in charge - alone! - some days!! I don't mind, as long as he doesn't mind me mixing up the bookings and making a mess of things. On the postive side though, I'm using French all the time and I've met some interesting people. Last night I was talking to a guy (well, pensioner actually) who is cycling around the whole of France. He's cool, but talks a lot. And I mean a lot! Originally he is from Glasgow, but has been living in Australia for 40 years. You can imagine what kind of accent he has (or not). There are a couple of others staying at the hostel (my age) who are really nice, and hopefully I'm going to spend one of my days off with them visiting some island near here. Fabien and Yvette. We have some interesting guests too - at the end of the month, we have the French national hockey team staying! The best team in France! This keyboard is driving me mad... I mean it when I say that I want people to visit! It's absolutely beautiful! I have to go now... I'll try and add more soon. J xxx

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny I'm very glad to hear you've started to enjoy Quimper now!! Do go on cool trips but stay safe!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour, Jenny. What is the hostel like? and the idea of French National Hockey Team staying in a youth hostel sounds funny. Enjoy the coast!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Koji said...

Have a great time!!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home