Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, May 14, 2005

a few words about some films

I thought I should write just a few words about two films that I have seen this week.

The Edukators, to me, was more than I expected it to be, and one of the best films I have seen in a long time. Rather long though (a little too long maybe) but there are so many surprises and turns that you don't really realise. It was wonderful to see young people so ideologically motivated, getting back at the rich, craving political change. What I did want to comment on was the friendship between Jan, Jule and Peter. I feel that the way that Peter accepted Jan and Jule's betrayal was perhaps a little idealistic, and a little hard to believe. I really commend Peter though and the way he chose friendship over bitterness, but I don't know if that could really happen? Could it? Peter loves Jule, but of course he doesn't own her. I am pleased that he chose friendship. I hope he can be an inspiration to us all. And Jeff Buckley singing Hallelujah.. So beautiful! I didn't want the song to end.

As for Nobody Knows, well, what can I say? A beautiful movie, but so shocking and real. That somebody could abandon their own children like that is impossible to believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home