Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Sheffield's Chinese supermarket and Everything Is Illuminated



Tonight we're going to see Everything Is Illuminated. First of all it was supposed to be Harry Potter, then decided that it would be much better to go to The Showroom and not the nasty Odeon, so Everything Is Illuminted it is. Not a huge fan of Elijah Wood, but the book is fab (so on second thoughts why am I going to see the film?). Harry Potter will just have to wait.

I went to the Chinese supermarket in town... It's been on my to-do list for about four weeks now, but I eventually got there today. Just had my Japanese curry for tea. (About time I ate at home - too many restaurants this week... including East One finally! Love that place. Discovered the Green Room too - I like it a lot.) Stopped by in Fopp too and bought things I shouldn't have. Been listening to Beauty Mark by R.W. One of the better ones on that album.

K and I have decided to find a pub quiz in Sheffield. Anybody who knows Sheffield have any suggestions? Been a long time since I went to a quiz.

And I slept a lot! This afternoon... how can I help it when it gets dark at around 2.30? I really hate winter! So much... There's not a single thing I like about winter.

So that's Saturday rounded up. Tomorrow is work, work, work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

Hope the film was good. I read the book, and I'm surprised they're turning it into a movie, but what do I know?

Sleeping is just great. I wish I were asleep right now. Sadly I have a research statement to prepare.

10:38 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

it was better than i thought, but the translator guy's funny english didn't come across too well (i mean, the book is much funnier). i need to get hold of a copy of On Beauty soon...

hope your statement thingy is going well.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. Pish. I'm off home to sleep.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home