Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Sunday, September 25, 2005

ハウルの動く城


This evening I went to see Howl's Moving Castle at the Showroom (the first of many visits to the Showroom cinema I hope!) This cinema is amazing! Only three pounds fifty for students! AND, although I expected the film to be dubbed in English, it was in the original Japanese version! Hooray! Did actually learn some new Japanese words. Some useful, some not so useful:
まじょ(魔女)witch
まほう(魔法)magic
かぶ   turnip
かかし scarecrow

Anyway, I really liked this film! My favourite character must be Turnip (the scarecrow). What a lovely, erm, scarecrow... Wish I had a nice scarecrow like him to look after me like he looked after Sophie おばあさん! Love the umbrella scene! I think my second favourite character is Heen, the dog. You have to see the film to know what I mean. A perfect way to spend the night before tomorrow...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the film. I enjoyed it too.

I don't know what my next film will be (who knows! maybe I'll go to a movie tomorrow afternoon!) but there aren't anything exciting coming up recently right?? (Oh well we busy people....)

9:12 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

I want to see the new Oliver Twist! Is it the musical version though or not? Can't figure it out. We just have to MAKE time to go and see movies...

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw 'Howl's Moving Castle' on Wednesday. I thought it was a bit poor in comparrison to Miyazaki's previous films. I left a review of it on my blog.

As for Oliver Twist, as far as I am aware it is not the musical, just a dramatisation. Should be worth a look.

9:03 PM  
Blogger jennywren said...

Yes, I saw your review. I'm not too good at judging movies. I guess I just enjoy them or I don't... I should be more critical. I think I was just dead impressed that they left it in the original version (you know the City Screen would never leave an animation in its original version...) You should really visit The Showroom!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home