Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

26th April

I am going to France, for four weeks! The flight is booked and the work placement sorted, so all I have to do now is remember how to speak French~~~ I think the change will do me good. It's so easy to slip into routines and get stuck in a situation. It will be a mini-adventure, and I will be able to eat crepes as much as I want!! (I just turned my keyboard to French so that I could put the little hat on the e, but when I did I suddenly remembered how the layout of the French keyboard is different from the standard one - ie, a becomes q on a French keyboard. Gosh, I'm going to be so confused when I come back to England.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jenny, It's fantastic that you can spend one month in France. I always want to go there. My last stay in 2002 in France was only about 1 and 1/2 days and my mother spent most of time in department stores. You are very brave and I believe you will be just like Emilie enjoying adventures in France.

BTW, how do you change keyboard into French? I always need to put small marks on letters for Middle English and Latin but couldn't find any way to do it. Even when I use Word, the table of symboles does not have those letters. I really want to know how it works on Mac. Thanks!

See you tonight.

11:06 AM  
Blogger jennywren said...

I had to send an email today in French, so I wrote it in Word using the insert symbol option. If you choose 'normal text' you should then be able to find the letters with accents on etc. I then had to copy and paste into my email. A bit of a pain but it worked.

Glad you enjoyed the party. Can't believe I missed out on the dancing!! He'll have to have another party so that I can come!!

Take care and see you soon.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home