Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Monday, September 19, 2005

week two

I'm now listening to my new Françoise Hardy CD. (Thanks to Demi - for introducing 'Tous les garçons et les filles'.) I have hardly any French music (in fact, come to think of it, none at all really... except my most favourite French song ever - 'Je ne veux pas travailler'. Hmm, makes me think that that could be a good song for practicing the negative at school... That song brings back so memories of summer 2001 in France doing the worst job I've ever done...)

Totally forgot what I was going to write in this entry...

Erm. Well, school was good today. I spent the day with year 5. Haha, it was funny: a girl came up to me today and said that she saw me in town on Saturday (actually in Boyes... of all places... I can't remember the last time I went there, but Annemarie needed material for curtains). She'd never even met me before (I haven't been in her class yet!) but somehow she'd managed to remember my face from assembly or something... Isn't it funny, as a teacher you are recogised EVERYWHERE you go... Scary! The kids at this school are so nice though! I helped a little boy called George today (he has learning difficulties). When the teacher said that I would be helping the pupils on his table with literacy (they put the 'slower' kids on the same table), he said to me 'Sorry that you have to work with my table'. I didn't know what to say! I just said, 'No, that's ok, I really want to work with you'. Poor kid! I was so surprised to hear him say that, as if I wouldn't want to help him. He's a lovely kid though. Mr H does a great job of teaching. So inspiring. Anyway, tomorrow I'm with the other year 5 class (possibly the class with the girl who recognised me).

So, well, that's it for now. More packing to do... Trying to find things to fill up my wall... Don't seem to have kept my posters and things from the last time. Although I have a million and one things from Japan that I could fill my room with. So, get sending postcards, people! Please!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home