Name:
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Saturday, April 16, 2005

"Tokyo"


"Tokyo"
Originally uploaded by jennywren146.
I also wanted to add something about the photo exhibition that we saw at the Lowry today too. This is the photo (taken by Lucking) that won first prize of the Schweppes photographic competition 2004... I can't decide whether or not I like this picture, but I think it achieves the aim of capturing the antithesis of the cute Japanese school girl stereotype. I never saw school girls look as mean or as grumpy as this (or perhaps I did) but then again Tottori is not at all representative of the rest of Japan!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up these days with photo exhibits of Japanese schoolgirls? The New York Times Magazine did a whole spread earlier this month - http://www.hellenvanmeene.com/library/press/2005/new_york_times_magazine/

5:27 PM  
Blogger Martin J Frid said...

People should visit Japan, and meet people here, not just watch manga... but it seems it is a way for some westerners to get a first idea about a totally different, awsome culture!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home